- All due dates have been extended to July 31, 2020.
- All overdue fines have been suspended.
- We are not accepting donations at this time.
- Curbside pickup begins June 1, 2020. To participate:
- Decide what items you want.
- If you want a specific item, please make sure it is "locally available" on our shelves as we cannot order materials from other libraries. You can check this by searching for it on bit.ly/morilib-catalogue.
- If you don't know exactly what you want, you can request that library staff choose you a "book bundle" based on a favourite genre, author, or subject.
- Book a Curbside Pickup appointment. You can call 780-939-3292, email email@example.com, or use the online scheduling software to book.
- If you live in the Town of Morinville and are unable to pick up your items from the library, please let us know and we will contact you to arrange to delivery your items at home. (We cannot deliver to Sturgeon County residents at this time).
- Pick up your items. At the time of your appointment, please be in the parking lot behind the library and give us a call to let us know you're here. Staff will be gloved and masked and remain 2 metres away as per social distancing rules.
- All due dates have been extended to July 31, 2020, so there will be no fines.
- Staff cannot accept curbside or in-person returns, so please use the outside dropbox on 100th Avenue on the east end of the building.
- As always, please DO NOT return items at the town front doors: this is not our dropbox and it has resulted in damaged items in the past. We will have to charge if items are damaged from being returned there.
- All library programs, events, classes, and outreach services have been cancelled unless listed here.
- We are doing our Cozy Corner Storytime and Craft on Facebook Live on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. The videos will stay up on our Facebook page for those who cannot tune in at that time.
- Animanga club will be meeting on Discord. If you are an Animanga member or parent and would like more information, you can call 780-939-3292 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Friendly Phone-in Fridays: If you know anyone (particularly older adults) who is feeling isolated due to the COVID-19 shutdowns, we have a phone line open on Fridays for people to phone in and have a friendly chat with our library staff. The chat does not have to be library-related. The number to call is 780-939-7633 - please note that it is different from our normal library phone number.
- Tell Us Your Story: A new phone-in registered program aimed at older adults. Participants can book a date to for a phone call with the library (between the hours of 10-4) for a half-hour slot to tell us their story. Library staff will write down the story with the aim of collecting it to share with others. You can call the library to register at 780-939-3292 or register online using our registration form.
- Visit our E-Resources page to find out what your library card gets you access to.
- New to using e-Resources?
- Walk yourself through using a NicheAcademy tutorial for the resource you want to use.
- Call 780-939-3292 for help troubleshooting.
- Library memberships are being extended until July 31, 2020 to allow our patrons access to e-Resources while at home.
- If you cannot access an e-Resource, please call 780-939-3232 and let us know, as your account may simply not have been extended yet.
- If you do not already have a library membership or your membership has expired, you can visit nlls.ab.ca/Temporary-Library-Card and fill out the form with your information. Our regional library system, Northern Lights, will get back to you with a barcode and PIN to allow you to log in to e-Resources.